Blockchain OS (BOS)
BOS is the default relay network option for the Spanning Network. BOS is based on ROS2, a robotics operating system. ROS2 is a modular, extensible, and open-source software framework for the development of a variety of applications, including robotics, automotive, and aerospace.
BOS is responsible for
- Verifying a transaction request is valid via threshold consensus of multiple node providers
- Routing a transaction to the correct destination network
- Paying gas fees associated with settling a transaction
- Life cycle management of a transaction request (including retries upon execution failures)
- Dynamically allocating a system of distributed nodes to support changes in estimated transaction bandwidth